Another crappy TF2 blog.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Report: Objective Focused Sniper

Last night I played another hour of Sniper. I tried the rifle for a bit, but I'm really awful with it, and I feel too much like a camper so I switched back to huntsman. I started of really good, pinning a scouts head to the wall with my first shot, then it was all down hill for about 30 minutes.

Eventually, I started to find my stride getting 35 kills and 10 headshots. Nothing to write home about to be sure, until you consider that I still have less than 2 hours as a Sniper. Plus I kept aiming at people's feet like I was shooting a rocket launcher. Some habits are hard to break.

Now, some people complain that as a Huntsman Sniper, you are ill-equipped to be at the front lines. You're Heavy-slow when your bow is drawn, you shoot one projectile at a time with no splash damage, and you only have 125 HP. I generally agree with the sentiment, but if you don't run to the front lines unsupported you'll be okay. Despite the shortcomings of being a Huntsman Sniper, I capped 3 intels and defended 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment