Another crappy TF2 blog.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Report: My First Hour as a Spy

After playing TF2 since November, I finally got my first hour of Spy under my belt. Here's what I learned:

  1. I am Failspy - I miss backstabs all of the time. All. Of. The. Time.
  2. I need to realize that I can't shouldn't start sapping sentries that are surrounded by the entire opposing force.
  3. Infiltrating the opponents base and successfully taking down an Engineer and his sentry nest is an actual adrenaline rush.
  4. Playing as a Spy, as opposed to a Soldier, is a completely different experience. Both physically and emotionally.
  5. Use. Your. Revolver. I knew this before hand, but I had a hard time bringing it out. I just want to stab everyone. Spies that shoot live longer.
  6. Backstabs, on the rare occasion that I get them, are very satisfying.
  7. It's going to take a long time to get better.
  8. Patience is a virtue.
  9. Pyros suck.
  10. If you've backstabbed and re-cloaked, make sure to re-disguise also. It's pretty embarrassing to drop your cloak in order to sap a sentry and get shot immediately because you aren't wearing a disguise.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can consistently get into the oppositions base. Usually once I get there, I do okay. I often make bad decisions and start following enemies out the front door. Usually with a Pyro behind me. Truth is I had the most fun messing with an Engie in his base. Sap a building, cloak, sap a different building, cloak, repeat, backstab. I want to do more of that and less burning to death. Something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment